Travellers give high marks for the beaches in Netanya, which is also known for its cafes. The urban and cultural setting also entices those visiting the city. Around the area, top sights include Apollonia National Park, Museum of the Jewish People and Eretz Israel Museum.
- There are 95 hotels and other accommodation options in Netanya
- The closest major airport is in Tel Aviv (SDV-Sde Dov), 14.3 mi (23 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tel Aviv (TLV-Ben Gurion), 21.1 mi (34 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Netanya
The city is notable for landmarks like Victory Monument, Beach Elevator and Inter Active Atzmaut Square. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Blue Bay Beach, Poleg Beach and Kiryat Sanz Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Netanya Amphitheater and HaSharon Mall.
In Maarav Hasharon, there are 95 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- David Tower Hotel Netanya - MGallery - Amenities at this hotel include a full-service spa and a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
- Azimut Hotel Medi Terre Netanya - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and a restaurant.
- Hotel Boutique Alma - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Popular places to see around the area include Apollonia National Park, 8.4 mi/13.5 km from the heart of the city, and Museum of the Jewish People, which is 13.6 mi (21.9 km) away.
Getting around Netanya
If you want to venture outside the area, hop aboard a train at Netanya Station. Netanya might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Netanya
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 23°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 9°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 13°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 30°C as the daytime average and 11°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Netanya is 20 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 32°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 10°C