Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Naxos, which is also known for its local tours and mountain views. This city also attracts tourists with its cafes. Top sights in the city include Port of Naxos, Agios Georgios Beach and Agios Prokopios Beach.
- There are 577 hotels and other accommodation options in Naxos
- The closest major airport is in Naxos (JNX-Naxos Island National), 1.8 mi (2.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Parikia (PAS-Paros National), 15.4 mi (24.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Naxos
Cultural venues in the city include Folk Museum Collection, Naxos Archaeological Museum and Eggares Olive Press Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Naxos Kastro, Temple of Apollo and Panagia Myrtidiotissa Church. The beaches and mountains highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Agios Georgios Beach, Agios Prokopios Beach and Plaka Beach.
Other top sights in Naxos include Port of Naxos. Top places to visit outside the city include Santa Maria Beach, 5.7 mi/9.2 km from the heart of the city, and Elia Beach, which is 21.9 mi/35.2 km away.
Dressing for Naxos
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 9°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 19°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and 11°C as the night-time average
- Naxos gets about 21 millimetres of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 10°C