Visiting Cape Town
Visitors will want to experience the restaurants, museums, and shopping in Cape Town. Visitors can also indulge in everything this welcoming and walkable, seaside city has to offer, including its bars, beaches, and mountains.
- There are 6 Cape Town hotels
- October is the most expensive month to travel here, while May tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Cape Town (CPT-Cape Town Intl.), 6.7 mi (10.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Cape Town
- Top activities include wine tasting and golfing, while Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, Newlands Brewery, and Maynardville Park are favourite sights to visit
- Museums and art are well-known in the area, and attractions include Irma Stern Museum, South African National Gallery, and South African Astronomical Observatory
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks to visit including Castle of Good Hope, Greenmarket Square, and Robben Island
- The beach, mountains, and parks highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Table Mountain, Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens, and Keurboom Park
- Cheer with the crowd at a game or event at Newlands Stadium or Cape Town Stadium
Getting around Cape Town
There are plenty of options for getting around Cape Town. Head to Mowbray Station for metro transit.
Staying in Cape Town
For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider a larger hotel like the highly rated City Lodge Pinelands, averaging GBP 72.19 per night. Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Carmichael Guest House, averaging GBP 95.8/night
- Banksia Boutique, averaging GBP 109.01/night
A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Carmichael Guest House with a 5 out of 5 user rating while Banksia Boutique and City Lodge Pinelands are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Cape Town
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 27°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 13°C
- From April to June, the average is 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 7°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 10°C as the nighttime average
- About 20 millimetres of rain falls on Cape Town each year