Visiting Mount Lavinia
Travellers to Mount Lavinia give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its zoo. Mount Lavinia Beach, Galle Face Beach and Galle Face Green are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 83 hotels and other accommodation options in Mount Lavinia
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 23.4 mi (37.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Lavinia
The city's cultural venues include Traditional Puppet Art Museum and Sri Lanka Air Force Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Mount Lavinia Beach. Additionally, you might want to add National Zoological Gardens of Sri Lanka to your agenda.
In Thimbirigasyaya, you'll find 83 hotels and other accommodation choices to make it easy to plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Anarva Mount Lavinia - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale.
- Mount Lavinia Hotel - Our customers like the pool and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Ranveli Beach Resort - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and a children's pool. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Galle Face Beach, located 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Galle Face Green, which is 6.2 mi/10 km away.
Dressing for Mount Lavinia
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 22°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 24°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 30°C with night-time averages of 24°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and night-time averages of 23°C
- About 1769.70 millimetres of rain falls on Mount Lavinia each year
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°C