Visitors to Mornington are sure to enjoy the spas, restaurants and beaches. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and gardens. Around the area, top sights include Mornington Racecourse, Rye Beach and Pennisula Hot Springs.
- There are 37 hotels and other accommodation options in Mornington
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (AVV-Avalon), 33.4 mi (53.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 34.8 mi (56 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mornington
The city's beaches and gardens provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Mornington Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mornington Racecourse and Mornington Country Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Mornington. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Mornington Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Brooklands of Mornington - Our customers like the dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Mornington Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and overall value.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Rye Beach, located 15.9 mi (25.6 km) from the city centre, and Pennisula Hot Springs, which is 16.8 mi/27.1 km away.
Dressing for Mornington
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 27°C and the night-time average to be 10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Mornington gets about 12 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 5°C