History buffs will enjoy exploring Morelia, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral. This cultural city also attracts tourists with its live music and local tours. A top sight in the city is Morelia Cathedral.
- There are 146 hotels and other accommodation options in Morelia
- The closest major airport is in Morelia, Michoacan (MLM-General Francisco Mujica Intl.), 16.5 mi (26.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Morelia
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Mariano Matamoros Theater, Regional Museum of Michoacan and Museum of Colonial Art. Its cathedrals and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Morelia Cathedral, Plaza de Armas and Las Tarascas Fountain. The city's natural beauty is on display at Rose Garden, Jardin Central and Mata de Pino.
In Alvaro Obregon, you'll find 146 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Maja Hotel Boutique - This 4-star hotel in Vista Bella features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and breakfast.
- Hacienda Ucazanaztacua - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with memory foam beds.
- Hotel Casa del Naranjo - This 3-star hotel in Centro features a restaurant, free parking and a bar. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Morelia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 28°C and the night-time average to be 8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 12°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 9°C at night
- About 1050.80 millimetres of rain falls on Morelia each year
- Hottest months are usually May and June with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 9°C