Hotels in Montpellier, France
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 15 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 12 Jul 2020
Reviewed on 10 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 26 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 18 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 1 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 11 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 6 Sep 2019
Where to stay in Montpellier
4/5Very Good!(11 area reviews)
Noted for its historical sites and river views, there's plenty to explore in Montpellier City-Centre. Top attractions like Comedy Square and Esplanade Charles de Gaulle are major draws, and you can hop on the metro at Comedie Tram Station or Hotel de Ville Tram Station to see more of the city.
4/5Very Good!(5 area reviews)
Noted for its shopping and restaurants, there's plenty to explore in Port Marianne. Top attractions like Mare Nostrum Aquarium and Odysseum Shopping Centre are major draws, and you can hop on the metro at Millénaire Tram Stop or Place de France Tram Station to see more of the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(41 area reviews)
You might enjoy the historical sites while in Historic Centre. Comedy Square is a notable sight, and you can get around town at Louis Blanc Tram Station or Place Albert 1er Tram Station to see more of the city.
2/5(1 area review)
Play tennis or go skateboarding in the sports complex, before attending the circus or theater in this leafy zone with castles and gardens.
4.5/5Wonderful!(3 area reviews)
This district is ideal for a family adventure, with its woodland trails, bowling alleys and wall-climbing theme park, where you can mix fitness with video games.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Montpellier, and visitors give high marks for the shopping. Walkable and cultural, this city also attracts tourists with its cafes. Top sights in the city include Comedy Square, Fabre Museum and La Promenade du Peyrou.
- There are 1923 hotels and other accommodation options in Montpellier
- The closest major airport is in Montpellier (MPL-Montpellier - Mediterranean), 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Nimes (FNI-Garons), 29.1 mi (46.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Montpellier
Cultural venues in the city include Fabre Museum, Paul Valery Museum and Musee de Lodeve. Attractions like Mare Nostrum Aquarium, Montpellier Zoo and Seaquarium are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Comedy Square, Phare de la Mediterranee, and Lodeve Cathedral.
In La Grande-Motte, you'll find 1923 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Clos de la Colombe - Amenities at this guesthouse include free breakfast and free parking.
- Hôtel Oceania Le Métropole Montpellier - Our customers like the beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Historic Centre features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Hotel du Parc-Montpellier - Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Historic Centre can enjoy access to free parking and a coffee shop, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers love its WiFi and high-quality beds.
Other favourite sights in Montpellier include La Promenade du Peyrou, Botanical Garden and Camargue Regional Nature Park. Popular places to visit in the area include Constance Tower, located 15.8 mi (25.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Temple of Diana, which is 28.4 mi (45.6 km) away.
Getting around Montpellier
With so many choices for transport, seeing Montpellier is a breeze. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Comedie Tram Station, Hotel de Ville Tram Station and Antigone Tram Station. If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Montpellier Saint-Roch Station, Les Mazes-le-Cres Station or St-Aunes Station.
Dressing for Montpellier
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 7°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 13°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 604.40 millimetres of rain falls on Montpellier each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 3°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Montpellier?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Montpellier, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Montpellier?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Montpellier?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Montpellier?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Montpellier?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Montpellier?
What is the best spa hotel in Montpellier?
What is staying in Montpellier like?
What should I see while I'm in Montpellier?
What's the best way to get around Montpellier?
What's the seasonal weather like in Montpellier?
Montpellier Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Montpellier by Star Rating
- Hotels near Montpellier Airports
- Areas of Montpellier
- Accommodation near Montpellier Attractions
- More accommodation types in Montpellier
- Choose Your Montpellier Hotel Style
- Search Montpellier Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Montpellier
- Hotels Near Montpellier, Occitanie
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends