Search Hotels in Monterey, CA
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in Monterey
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Monterey, and visitors give high marks for the must-see aquarium, seaside and seafood restaurants. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its golf courses. Top sights in the city include Maritime Museum, Fisherman's Wharf and Dennis the Menace Park.
- There are 454 hotels and other accommodation options in Monterey
- The closest major airport is in Monterey, CA (MRY-Monterey Peninsula), 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Salinas, CA (SNS-Salinas Municipal), 16.1 mi (26 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Monterey
Cultural venues in the city include Maritime Museum, Sunset Center and Golden State Theatre. Attractions like Dennis the Menace Park, Monterey Bay Aquarium and Oceanview Boulevard are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like 17-Mile Drive, Point Pinos Lighthouse and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
In Seaside, you'll find 454 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning easier for your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Bernardus Lodge & Spa - This 4.5-star resort features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and pool.
- Carriage House Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this B&B. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Golden Rectangle can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace.
- The Vagabond's House - This 4-star bed & breakfast in Northwest Carmel features a full-service spa, free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favourite sights in Monterey include Fisherman's Wharf, Cannery Row and Pebble Beach Golf Links. Outside the city, popular places to see include Santa Cruz Surfing Museum, located 25.3 mi (40.7 km) from the city centre, and Natural Bridges State Park, which is 25.7 mi (41.4 km) away.
Getting around Monterey
With so many transport options, exploring all of Monterey is a breeze. If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Salinas Station. You can explore water transport options at the local marina.
Dressing for Monterey
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the night-time average to be 6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and 6°C at night
- About 520 millimetres of rain falls on Monterey each year
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 7°C