Get an overview of this hotelScenic locale steps from Fisherman's Wharf
Collect 400 Nectar points!
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip. *Offers may apply
+VIP Access™ Hotel
Our customers receive consistently exceptional service at these hotels.
Expedia+ members get double value for their points when booking any +VIP Access hotel.See details
Near Cannery Row
Just 200 yards from Fisherman's Wharf, this resort borders Custom House Plaza, with the beach and sparkling bay just beyond; Cannery Row and the aquarium are a short walk away.
The English Rose Facial and Warm Riverstone Massage are among the treatments offered by the resort's acclaimed spa. Other highlights include an in-house microbrewery, fireside dining, and kayak rentals.
The 379 guestrooms and suites at Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay feature premium bedding, 42-inch flat-screen TVs, and eco-friendly bath amenities.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay
Renovations & Closures
- Front desk
Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay welcomes guests with complimentary warm homemade chocolate chip cookies at check-in.
Found in a historically rich setting, this property features wireless Internet access in the lobby, 8 meeting rooms, 2 restaurants, a pub, and a lounge. The 24-hour business center includes computers with high-speed Internet access. The indoor plaza offers boutiques, gift shops, and galleries. Self-parking and valet parking are available on site (fees apply). Dogs are welcome for a fee; service animals are exempt. The hotel also offers a free children's club, conference space, multilingual staff, and 24-hour front desk.
- Outdoor pool
- Spa tub
- Full-service spa
- Steam room
- Meeting rooms 8
- Conference space
- Total number of rooms - 379
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Coffee shop or café
- Concierge services
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 7
- Luggage storage
- Conference space size (meters) - 5
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Fitness facilities
- Hair salon
- Billiards or pool table
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Spa treatment room(s)
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 50,000
- Number of meeting rooms - 16
- Number of buildings/towers - 9
- Spa services on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pool
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per 24-hour period ), Wired internet access ( USD 9.95 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per night )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Room service (limited hours)
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathtub or shower
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cable TV service
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Pillowtop mattress
Where to Eat
Jacks Restaurant & Lounge - Ideal for any occasion, Jacks Restaurant offers the finest local cuisine the Central Coast has to offer. Sit down for breakfast or dinner on our outdoor patio or indoors in our comfortable fireside dining room. Jacks menu features locally grown produce, Certified Angus Beef, and seafood chosen in support of the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch program. Unwind after a long day at Jacks Lounge next to the library fireplace and enjoy a premium cocktail or a glass of wine from Jacks selection of premium Monterey County wines while enjoying small plates. Open daily at 2pm with Happy Hour from 4pm - 6pm.
A hot and cold breakfast buffet is served daily from 6:30 AM to 10 AM.
Peter Bs Craft Brewery - Monterey's original craft brewery is located in downtown Monterey behind the Portola Hotel & Spa. Offering award winning craft beer brewed onsite, sports on 18 HDTV's and a pub menu stocked with delicious menu items fit to pair with your favorite style of beer. Peter Bs Craft Brewery offers daily happy hour starting at 4pm, a private barrel room for special events and fire pits on the pet friendly heated patio. See what's brewing at Peter Bs Craft Brewery!
Nearby Things to Do
Hotel guests can access the spa’s fitness center, steam room, sauna, locker rooms, spa tubs, and pool located adjacent to the spa.
In addition to its proximity to Monterey’s marquee attractions, including the Monterey Bay Aquarium, Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay provides convenient access to the Path of History, a historical tour depicting Monterey as the first state capital of California, which passes through the hotel’s waterfront plaza; scenic running and bike paths immediately adjacent to the hotel; nearby sea kayaking and paddle boarding facilities; the Monterey Maritime and History Museum; Memory Gardens; and the Pacific House Museum.
Monterey is home to 18 championship golf courses, including Pebble Beach Golf Links, Del Monte Golf Course, Spyglass Hill Golf Course, and Links at Spanish Bay, which are all less than six miles from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at 2 AM
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per accommodation, per night (maximum USD 100 per stay)
- Dogs only
- 2 per room (up to 150 lb)
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
No cribs (infant beds) available
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 20 for adults and USD 5.95 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 20.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 23.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 50 per accommodation, per night (maximum USD 100 per stay)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per night
- Hotel Portola
- Monterey Bay Portola Hotel
- Portola Hotel
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay
- Portola Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
We should mention
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Construction is underway at a neighboring building and there may be noise disturbance from the construction work. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.