Get an overview of this hotel4-star, family-friendly resort, walk to Fisherman's Wharf
Collecting Nectar Points
Special Offer: Book by 7 February 2018 and collect double Nectar points!
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Popular property highlights
This family-friendly Monterey resort is located near the airport, just steps away from Monterey Convention Center and Maritime Museum. Fisherman's Wharf and Dennis the Menace Park are also within 15 minutes.
3 restaurants, a full-service spa and an outdoor pool are available at this smoke-free resort. A shopping centre shuttle is free. Other amenities include 2 bars/lounges, a 24-hour fitness centre and a coffee shop/café.
All 379 properties feature comforts such as pillowtop beds and premium bedding, while conveniences include refrigerators and coffee makers. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) and high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge) are standard, as are LCD TVs with cable channels.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay
In addition to a full-service spa, Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay features an outdoor pool and a 24-hour fitness centre. Dining is available at one of the resort's 3 restaurants, and guests can grab a coffee at the coffee shop/café. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the resort's 2 bars/lounges. Public areas are equipped with wireless Internet access (surcharge).
Business-related amenities at this 4-star property consist of A business centre and meeting rooms. Event facilities measuring 60000 square feet (5574 square metres) include conference rooms. This family-friendly resort also offers spa services, tour or ticket assistance and multilingual staff. On-site parking is available (surcharge).
Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay is a smoke-free property.
- Free shopping center shuttle
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Business center
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms 8
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Outdoor pool
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 5574
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- Hair salon
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 60000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Total number of rooms - 379
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Number of floors - 7
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 9
- Multilingual staff
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pool
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per 24-hour period ), Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per night )
Long-term parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Room service (limited hours)
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathtub or shower
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Cable TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (free)
- LCD TV
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Pillowtop mattress
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6 AM and 11 AM.
Jacks Monterey – This restaurant specialises in Californian cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy al fresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available. Open daily.
Peters B's Craft Brewery – Overlooking the garden, this restaurant serves lunch and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy al fresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available. Open daily.
The Club Room – This restaurant only serves breakfast. Open daily.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the resort include an outdoor pool and a 24-hour fitness centre.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Ecotours nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
The on-site spa has massage/treatment rooms. Services include facials, body wraps, body scrubs and body treatments. The spa is equipped with a steam room.
The spa is open daily.
- Steam room in spa
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-in time ends at 2 AM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets are allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per accommodation, per night (maximum USD 100 per stay).
- 2 per room (up to 150 lb)
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property on the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD20 for adults and USD5.95 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Self-parking fee: USD20.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD23.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Extended parking fee: USD 25 per night
- Pet fee: USD50 per accommodation, per night (maximum USD100 per stay)
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel
- Portola Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
We should mention
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Children aged 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guest rooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.