Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Pocket Guide: Mirissa
Guests will want to experience the whale watching, beaches and boating in Mirissa. This welcoming city also attracts visitors with its surfing, sailing and temples.
- There are 51 Mirissa hotels
- December is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas June is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 93.8 mi (151 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Mirissa
- Whale watching, boating and surfing are top activities, whereas sights to visit include Mirissa Fisheries Harbor
- Notable for its temples and landmarks to visit, including Parevi Duwa, Our Lady of Matara Shrine, and Yatagala Raja Maha Viharaya
- The beaches and jungle exemplify the area's natural beauty, and some places to consider are Polhena Beach and Mihiripenna Beach
Getting around Mirissa
Mirissa has many options for getting around. You can explore your options for water transport at the port.
Staying in MirissaIn Mirissa there are 74 hotels and other accommodation options making it easy to plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate:
- 29 hotels, ranging from GBP 29/night to GBP 183/night
- 16 guesthouses, ranging from GBP 9/night to GBP 23/night
- Paradise Beach Club
- MY Hostels Mirissa
Paradise Beach Club, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating. Also MY Hostels Mirissa has a 4 rating by guests.
Dressing for Mirissa
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 32°C and the nighttime average to be 22°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 23°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Mirissa gets about 63 millimetres of rain per year
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Mirissa?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Mirissa, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Mirissa?
What's the best hotel when travelling with children to Mirissa?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to Mirissa?
What's the best accommodation for an all-inclusive stay in Mirissa?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Mirissa?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Mirissa?
Mirissa Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Mirissa by Star Rating
- Hotels near Mirissa Airports
- Accommodation near Mirissa Attractions
- More accommodation types in Mirissa
- Choose Your Mirissa Hotel Style
- Search Mirissa Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Mirissa
- Hotels Near Mirissa, Southern Province
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends