Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 10 Sep 2019
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 30 Aug 2018
Reviewed on 10 Jul 2020
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Mijas, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping and top-notch restaurants. This cosy city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and mountain views. Around the area, top sights include Los Boliches Beach, Bioparc Fuengirola and Fuengirola Beach.
- There are 927 hotels and other accommodation options in Mijas
- The closest major airport is in Malaga (AGP), 9.8 mi (15.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Mijas
Cultural venues in the city include Museo Historico-Etnologico, CAC Mijas and Museo del Vino de Mijas. Notable city landmarks like Plaza de la Constitucion and Ermita de la Virgende la Pena might be worth a visit. The beaches and mountains highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Playa El Bombo, La Luna-Royale Beach and La Luna Beach.
In Benalmádena, there are 927 hotels and other accommodation options to make it easy to plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Villa Paraísos - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and pool.
- Hotel Carmen - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features free WiFi, a bar and a coffee shop.
- La Cala Resort - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Mijas include Mijas Golf Course. Top places to see around the area include Los Boliches Beach, located 3.4 mi (5.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Bioparc Fuengirola, which is 4.1 mi/6.6 km away.
Dressing for Mijas
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 33°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 35°C with night-time averages of 11°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 26°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- Mijas gets about 16 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 34°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C