Miami's upscale hotels make it a great destination for luxury-minded travelers and visitors are sure to appreciate the beaches, restaurants, and shopping. Welcoming and walkable, this seaside city will also delight visitors with its spas, bars, and golfing.
- There are 13 Miami hotels
- January is the most expensive month to travel here, while November tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Gold Coast, QLD (OOL-Coolangatta), 8.2 mi (13.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Miami
- Golfing is one of the top activities, while Burleigh Golf Club, Palmer Gold Coast, and Palmer Colonial Golf Club are favourite sights to visit
- Families come for attractions such as Pizzey Park Sporting Complex, Sea World, and Warner Bros. Movie World
- The beach and seaside highlight the natural beauty, and Surfers Paradise Beach, Burleigh Beach, and Burleigh Head National Park are some places worth a visit
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Cavill Avenue, Pacific Fair Shopping Centre, and Oracle Boulevard
Miami is adjacent to Burleigh Heads. Top sights in the area include Dreamworld and Wet'n'Wild Water World.
Staying in Miami
With 13 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from, Miami offers holiday retreats at affordable prices. There are 6 apartments ranging from GBP 62 to GBP 112 per night. Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Burleigh Surf Apartments, averaging GBP 140.33/night
- Grande Florida Beachside Resort, averaging GBP 120.75/night
Burleigh Surf Apartments, a 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.8 out of 5 user rating. Also Grande Florida Beachside Resort has a 4.3 rating by guests.
Dressing for Miami
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 28°C and the nighttime average to be 18°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July through September averages 23°C during the day and 10°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 27°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Miami is 32 millimetres