Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Mars, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its its breweries. Around the area, top sights include Rivers Casino, PNC Park and Heinz Field.
- You'll find 388 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Pittsburgh
- The closest major airport is in Pittsburgh, PA (PIT-Pittsburgh Intl.), 18.5 mi (29.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Mars
Rivers Casino, PNC Park and Heinz Field are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Duquesne Incline and PPG Paints Arena.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Mars. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Cranberry - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Comfort Inn Cranberry Township - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a fitness centre, along with free WiFi.
Popular places to visit in the area include Monongahela Incline, 18.5 mi/29.8 km from the city centre, and Ross Park Mall, which is 11.3 mi/18.2 km away.
Dressing for Mars
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -8°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 20°C as the daytime average and -7°C as the night-time average
- About 1062 millimetres of rain falls on Mars each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -7°C