Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
History buffs will enjoy exploring Mantua, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the museums. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, cafes and churches.
- There are 81 hotels and other accommodation options in Mantua
- The closest major airport is in Verona (VRN-Valerio Catullo), 17.5 mi (28.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Brescia (VBS-Gabriele D'Annuzio), 29.4 mi (47.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mantua
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like d'Arco Palace Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Piazza Sordello, Mantua Cathedral, and Ducal Palace. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Piazza Mantegna and Palazzo Ducale di Mantova.
Getting around Mantua
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Mantova Station or Mantova Frassine Station. Mantua may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Mantua
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 15°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 21°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- Mantua gets about 702.50 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C