Families will find kid-friendly activities in Mandurah, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Walkable and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights around the area include Penguin Island and Rockingham Beach.
- There are 109 hotels and other accommodation options in Mandurah
- The closest major airport is in Perth, WA (PER), 42.8 mi (68.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Mandurah
Cultural venues in the city include Mandurah Performing Arts Center, Mandurah Community Museum and Abingdon Miniature Village. Favourite family attractions include Peel Zoo and King's Carnival. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Silver Sands Beach, Halls Head Beach and Dawesville Channel.
In Halls Head, you'll find 109 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning easier for your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Sebel Mandurah - This 4-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free parking and a fitness centre. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and pool.
- Foreshore Motel - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this motel. With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Pinjarra Resort - With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
Top places to see in the area include Penguin Island, located 15.1 mi (24.4 km) from the city centre, and Rockingham Beach, which is 17.4 mi/28 km away.
Getting around Mandurah
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Mandurah Station. Mandurah might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Mandurah
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 31°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 15°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 30°C as the daytime average and 10°C as the night-time average
- Mandurah gets about 667.70 millimetres of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 9°C