Get an overview of this hotelLuxury hotel located in the city centre
Collect 200 Nectar points!
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.*Offers may apply
Popular property highlights
On River Irwell
Located on the River Irwell, in Manchester's Chapel Warf area, The Lowry is next to Trinity Bridge and provides easy access to Manchester city center.
Full-service health spa
The hotel features a full-service health spa, including treatment rooms, a fitness center, and saunas. The on-site restaurant has river views, and the hotel also offers conference and event facilities, and wedding services.
All 165 guestrooms are outfitted with a satellite televisions, high-speed Internet access, direct-dial phones with voicemail, and iPod docking stations. Each room has a marble bathroom, and many have river views.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Lowry Hotel
Located directly on the River Irwell in Manchester, this hotel is a haven for relaxation. The on-site health spa features a variety of treatment rooms with services including massages, body treatments, and facials. The facility also has a fitness center, separate saunas for men and women, and complimentary beverages and reading materials. For business travelers, The Lowry Hotel Manchester has a business center and free WiFi. Wedding services are available and an event planner can assist with catering, music, and flowers.
One of Manchester's best restaurants, The River is open daily offering breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner. The hotel has an on-site bar and an outdoor terrace where guests can order cocktails, breakfast, brunch, and lunch. 24-hour room service is available.
The Lowry Hotel Manchester has a 24-hour front desk, and dry cleaning services, tour/ticket assistance, and valet parking (surcharge). A train station pick-up service is also available (surcharge).
- Conference space
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Total number of rooms - 165
- Number of floors - 8
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- Hair salon
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Multilingual staff
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 2001
- Train station pickup (surcharge)
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Wedding services
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
- DVD player
Available in all rooms: Wired internet access ( GBP 15 )
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Wired high-speed internet ( GBP 15 )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Hair dryer
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- In-room massage available
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Cribs/infant beds available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Satellite TV service
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Room service (24 hours)
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Pillow menu
- Sleep Number by Select Comfort mattress
- Plasma TV
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
The River Restaurant - One of Manchester’s best restaurants to eat and drink in a glass-walled, riverside setting. The convivial atmosphere is also deeply luxurious with purple leather chairs, semi-circular banquettes, while Fornasetti plates, mirrors and lithographs and prints decorate walls.
The River Bar - At the River Bar you’ll find in the intimate, informal surroundings a quiet place to network, drink and kick-back with a perfectly mixed cocktail, club sandwich, salad, or more substantial dish.
Nearby Things to Do
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
The hotel spa offers a contemporary space to enjoy treatments, including massage, facials, and beauty care in any hour-, day- or weekend-long packages. Brands include Elemis, St. Tropez and CND Shellac, with treatments suitable for men, women and mothers-to-be. Two relaxation rooms, six treatment rooms (including one for couples), separate male and female changing areas, a sauna, and quiet corner for a healthy lunch — all of these amenities nurture your wellbeing while staying in the heart of the city. There is also a gym and hair salon. A colonic hydrotherapy clinic is offered three days a week.
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 6
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Only service animals are allowed
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 21.95 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: GBP 15 (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: GBP 15 (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: GBP 16.50 per night
- Valet parking fee: GBP 16.50 per night
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- Lowry Hotel Manchester
- Lowry Hotel Manchester Salford
- Lowry Hotel Salford
- Lowry Hotel
- The Lowry Hotel Manchester
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitEngland, the National Tourist Board for England.