Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 22 Aug 2019
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting Mahe Island
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Mahe Island, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting. Top sights in the city include Grand Anse Beach, Beau Vallon Beach and Takamaka Beach.
- There are 211 hotels and other accommodation options in Mahe Island
- The closest major airport is in Victoria (SEZ-Seychelles Intl.), 4.3 mi (6.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Praslin Island (PRI), 29.9 mi (48.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mahe Island
Notable city landmarks like Victoria Clocktower and Domaine de Val des Près might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Grand Anse Beach, Beau Vallon Beach and Takamaka Beach. Snorkelling is one of the top activities, while Seychelles Golf Club, Morne Blanc and Trois Freres Trail are favourite sights to visit.
Other top sights in Mahe Island include North East Point Beach.
Dressing for Mahe Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 31°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 24°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 25°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 30°C as the daytime average and 24°C as the night-time average
- About 68 millimetres of rain falls on Mahe Island each year
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while November and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 24°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Mahe Island?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Mahe Island, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Mahe Island?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to Mahe Island?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic getaway to Mahe Island?
What's the best accommodation for an all-inclusive stay in Mahe Island?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Mahe Island?
What's the best high-end hotel in Mahe Island?
What's the best boutique hotel in Mahe Island?
What's the best golf hotel in Mahe Island?
Mahe Island Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Mahe Island by Star Rating
- Hotels near Mahe Island Airports
- Accommodation near Mahe Island Attractions
- More accommodation types in Mahe Island
- Choose Your Mahe Island Hotel Style
- Search Mahe Island Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Mahe Island
- Hotels Near Mahe Island, Seychelles
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends