Hotels in Madrid, Spain
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 29 Nov 2020
Where to stay in Madrid
4.5/5Wonderful!(745 area reviews)
Known for its fascinating museums and acclaimed art galleries, there's plenty to explore in Centro. Check out top attractions like Puerta del Sol and Plaza Mayor, and jump on the metro at Sol Station or Gran Via Station to see more of the city.
During your stop in Ibiza, check out the parks, and jump on the metro at Ibiza Station to see more of the surrounding area.
4.5/5Wonderful!(30 area reviews)
Spend some time visiting places like Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia while getting to know Atocha, and be sure to check out the interesting museums. You can hop aboard the metro at Delicias Station or Palos de la Frontera Station to see more of the area.
4.5/5Wonderful!(128 area reviews)
Contemporary fashion, gourmet cuisine, fine art and upscale residential living await discovery in one of Madrid’s most stylish neighborhoods.
4.5/5Wonderful!(88 area reviews)
Consider exploring the abundant dining options in Chamberi. If sightseeing is on the list, Sorolla Museum is a top attraction. Hop on the metro at Canal Station or Alonso Cano Station to see more of the area.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Madrid, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, theatre and renowned art. Tourists who journey to this urban city can discover its monuments, architecture and shopping. Top sights in the city include Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor and Gran Via Street.
- There are 2998 hotels and other accommodation options in Madrid
- The closest major airport is in Madrid (MAD-Adolfo Suarez Madrid-Barajas), 7.9 mi (12.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Madrid
Known for its museums, theatres and art, the city's cultural venues include Thyssen-Bornemisza National Museum, Royal Palace and Prado Museum. Attractions like Madrid Zoo Aquarium, Parque Warner Madrid and Madrid Amusement Park are fun for kids of all ages. Its monuments and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor and Almudena Cathedral.
In Aranjuez, you can choose from 2998 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Relais & Châteaux Hotel Orfila - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Chamberi can enjoy access to a restaurant and free valet parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and proximity to shopping.
- Relais & Châteaux Heritage Madrid - Our customers love the proximity to public transport and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in Salamanca features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar.
- Catalonia Las Cortes Hotel - This 4-star hotel in Literary Quarter features free WiFi, a bar and a free manager's reception. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favourite sights in Madrid include Gran Via Street, Paseo del Prado and El Rastro. Top places to see outside the city include Royal Monastery of San Lorenzo de El Escorial, 26.3 mi/42.3 km from the heart of the city, and Valley of the Fallen, which is 28.4 mi (45.6 km) away.
Getting around Madrid
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Madrid is simple. Nearby metro stations include Sol Station, Gran Via Station and Callao Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Madrid Recoletos Station, Madrid Principe Pio Station or Madrid Atocha Station.
Dressing for Madrid
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 23°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- About 760.50 millimetres of rain falls on Madrid each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Madrid?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Madrid, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Madrid?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Madrid?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic getaway to Madrid?
What is the favourite LGBTQ-friendly hotel in Madrid?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Madrid?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Madrid?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Madrid?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Madrid?
What's the best hotel in Madrid that's close to historical sites?
Madrid Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Madrid by Star Rating
- Hotels near Madrid Airports
- Areas of Madrid
- Accommodation near Madrid Attractions
- More accommodation types in Madrid
- Choose Your Madrid Hotel Style
- Search Madrid Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Madrid
- Hotels Near Madrid, Community of Madrid
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends