Search Hotels in Mackay
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visitors to Mackay are sure to enjoy the marina and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theme park and local tours. A top sight in the city is Cape Hillsborough National Park.
- There are 75 hotels and other accommodation options in Mackay
- The closest major airport is in Mackay, QLD (MKY), 2.4 mi (3.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Mackay
Cultural venues in the city include Artspace Mackay, Mackay Enertainment and Convention Centre and Greenmount Homestead. Attractions like Bluewater Lagoon and Mackay Leisure Centre are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Cape Hillsborough National Park, Bucasia Beach and Harrup Park.
In Mount Pleasant, you'll find 75 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning easier for your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Mackay Oceanside Central Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Econo Lodge Beachside - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this motel. With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a free airport shuttle, along with free WiFi.
- Alara Motor Inn - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting around Mackay
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Mackay Station, Sarina Station or Geeberga Station. Mackay might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Mackay
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 30°C and the night-time average to be 21°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 13°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 30°C during the day and 18°C at night
- About 1647 millimetres of rain falls on Mackay each year
- Hottest months are usually December and January with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 14°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Mackay?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Mackay, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Mackay?
What's the best hotel for families in Mackay?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to Mackay?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Mackay?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Mackay?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Mackay?
What's the best golf hotel in Mackay?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Mackay?
Mackay Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Mackay by Star Rating
- Hotels near Mackay Airports
- Areas of Mackay
- Accommodation near Mackay Attractions
- More accommodation types in Mackay
- Choose Your Mackay Hotel Style
- Search Mackay Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Mackay
- Hotels Near Mackay, Queensland
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends