Get an overview of this hotelVictorian hotel near London's Paddington Station
Collecting Nectar Points
Special Offer: Book by 2 August 2017 and collect double Nectar points!
*Terms and conditions apply.
Popular property highlights
By Edgware Road
Located on a tree-lined avenue off Edgware Road, this dignified 19th-century hotel is a 5-minute walk from Paddington Station and a 10-minute walk from London's Hyde Park.
24-hour business center
The hotel offers a marble lobby with complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access, a 24-hour front desk, complimentary tea and coffee, a breakfast room, and offsite parking.
Shaftesbury Metropolitan London Hyde Park's 90 guestrooms are brightly decorated and offer free Wi-Fi, windows that open, flat-panel TV with digital service, and bathrooms with hair dryers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park
The Shaftesbury Metropolitan London Hyde Park's marble lobby offers complimentary newspapers and complimentary tea and coffee. Personal safe-deposit boxes are provided at reception, and there is an onsite fitness facility. There is a 24-hour business center offering secretarial services. Parking is available nearby (surcharge).
- Concierge services
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 90
- Number of floors - 3
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Wedding services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
- Luggage storage
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- 24-hour business center
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Family Friendly Amenities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Pay movies
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- In-room safe
- Room service
- Free cribs/infant beds
Where to Eat
The lower ground floor breakfast room has parquet floors and room to seat 80. There is some natural light, ceiling spotlights, and wall-mounted ladder lights. An English breakfast (surcharge) is served from 7 AM to 9:30 AM.
The hotel does not have its own restaurant, but there are several dining options within the surrounding area.
The Metropole Hotel
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
The credit/debit card used to book the Advance Purchase rate must be presented at the time of check-in. Guests who plan to pay for other guests' stay must contact the property in advance. For more details, please contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Fee for English breakfast: GBP 11.95 per person (approximately)
- Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park London
- Shaftesbury Metropolis Hotel London
- Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park England
- London Metropolis Hyde Park
- Metropolis Hyde Park
- Metropolis Hyde Park London
- Metropolis London Hyde Park
- Shaftesbury Metropolis
- Shaftesbury Metropolis London
- Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park
- Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park Hotel
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitEngland, the National Tourist Board for England.