Visitors to Lindau are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, opera houses and local tours.
- There are 43 hotels and other accommodation options in Lindau
- The closest major airport is in Altenrhein (ACH-St. Gallen - Altenrhein), 8.7 mi (14.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Friedrichshafen (FDH-Friedrichshafen - Lake Constance), 10.5 mi (16.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lindau
The city is notable for landmarks like Old Town Hall, Lindau Lighthouse and Mangturm. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bad Schachen Ferry Port and Lindau-Bad Schachen Golf Club.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 43 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Lindau. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Boutique-Hotel Adara - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Best Western Plus Marina Star Hotel Lindau - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Bayerischer Hof - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Damuels-Mellau-Fashina Ski Resort, 20.4 mi/32.8 km from the city centre.
Getting around Lindau
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Lindau-Aeschach Station, Lindau Central Station or Lindau Central Station. Lindau may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Lindau
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 17°C during the day and 1°C at night
- About 740.80 millimetres of rain falls on Lindau each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 24°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 0°C