Search Lincoln Hotels
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 30 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 26 Jan 2020
Reviewed on 16 Aug 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Lincoln, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral and lively bar scene. Welcoming and countryside, this city also attracts tourists with its university setting. Top sights in the city include Lincoln Cathedral and Lincoln Castle.
- There are 151 hotels and other accommodation options in Lincoln
- The closest major airport is in Hull (HUY-Humberside), 25.7 mi (41.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Doncaster (DSA-Robin Hood), 26.3 mi (42.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lincoln
Cultural venues in the city include RAF Scampton Heritage Centre, Tattershall Castle and Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Visitor Centre. Its cathedrals and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Lincoln Cathedral, Lincoln Castle and Usher Gallery. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include University of Lincoln and Bishop Grosseteste University College Lincoln.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Sherwood Forest Country Park, 21.7 mi/35 km from the heart of the city, and Newark Castle, which is 15.4 mi (24.7 km) away.
Getting around Lincoln
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Lincoln Station, LINCOLN ST MARKS (Station) or Hykeham Station. Lincoln might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Lincoln
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 586.50 millimetres of rain falls on Lincoln each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Lincoln?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Lincoln, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Lincoln?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Lincoln?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday in Lincoln?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Lincoln?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Lincoln?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Lincoln?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Lincoln?
What's the best accommodation in Lincoln to absorb the local history?
Lincoln Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Lincoln by Star Rating
- Hotels near Lincoln Airports
- Accommodation near Lincoln Attractions
- More accommodation types in Lincoln
- Choose Your Lincoln Hotel Style
- Search Lincoln Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Lincoln
- Hotels Near Lincoln, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends