Get an overview of this hotelBoutique Lille hotel near Vauban Citadel
Collect 400 Nectar points!
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.*Offers may apply
Housed in a listed 17th-century convent building, this centrally located hotel, opened in 1990 and totally renovated in 2012, faces onto a restored cobbled quayside in Lille, 200 metres from Vauban Citadel.
Guests can dine in Le Jardin du Cloître, an atrium restaurant with parquet floors and large, leafy plants, set amid original cloisters; cocktails are served in the bar.
The 83 guestrooms at Couvent des Minimes are decorated in warm tones and include premium bedding, LCD TVs, and wireless Internet access; marble bathrooms come with designer toiletries.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Couvent des Minimes
Couvent des Minimes is set in a 17th-century Flemish-style listed building, formerly a convent. Renovated, then re-opened as a hotel in 1990 and totally renovated in 2012, it has retained many historical features such as cloisters with vaulted ceilings and original red-brick walls.
Framed pictures of the building's transformation are shown on the walls of the upper floors, while temporary exhibitions by painters and sculptors are displayed in the atrium, which also houses the restaurant and bar.
The hotel can accommodate up to 300 people in 8 air-conditioned meeting rooms, all equipped with wireless Internet access (complimentary). A comprehensive range of packages and menus is offered for conferences, cocktail parties and weddings.
Limited parking spaces are available, at a surcharge.
- Concierge services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Meeting rooms 8
- Conference space
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 83
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 4
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Computer station
- Parking (limited spaces)
- Luggage storage
- Conference space size (meters) - 30
- Number of meeting rooms - 8
- Year Built 1990
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 323
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Conference center
- Snack bar/deli
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Parking (limited spaces)
- Free WiFi
- Premium TV channels
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Room service (limited hours)
- LCD TV
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Le Jardin du Cloître - Atrium restaurant set against cloisters, with parquet floor and large, leafy plants. Sample dishes include Carpaccio of Scallops Marinated in Herbs and Truffle Sauce, Fillet of Sole with Bacon in Vintage Beer Sauce and Strawberry Delight with Coconut Biscuit and Vine Peach. Every other month the hotel offers a themed menu, such as Italian or Scandinavian, in addition to its à la carte and set menus. Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
L'Echiquier - Vast atrium bar surrounded by cloisters and dotted with sculptures with additional seating on the leafy mezzanine. A menu of classic cocktails and house specials with convent-related names like ‘Confession' and ‘Demon' is available, as well as a selection of cigars. Piano entertainment is provided every evening.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child 11 years old or younger stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 40 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 20 per pet, per day, plus a deposit of EUR 20 per night
- Dogs only
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: EUR 165.00
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 1.65 per person, per night
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 19 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: EUR 20 per day
- Pet deposit: EUR 20 per night
- Pet fee: EUR 20 per pet, per day
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for an additional fee
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 40 per night
- Couvent Minimes Hotel Lille
- Couvent Minimes Lille
- Alliance Hotel Lille
- Couvent Des Minimes - Alliance Lille Hotel Lille
- Couvent Minimes Hotel
- Couvent Minimes
We should mention
One child 11 years old or younger stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
This property has received its official star rating from the French Tourism Development Agency, ATOUT France.