Visitors can enjoy all that Lerwick has to offer including the archaeological sites, museums and monuments. In Lerwick, there are 15 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from. The closest major airport is in Lerwick (LSI-Sumburgh), 19.8 mi (31.9 km) from the city centre.
Sightseeing and Staying in Lerwick
Favourite places to visit in the city include Lerwick Town Hall, Shetland Museum and Fort Charlotte. Additionally, you might want to add Bain's Beach to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Lerwick. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Lerwick Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Shetland Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Glen Orchy House - This 3-star guesthouse features a restaurant, free parking and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Lerwick
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 7°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 13°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 15°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 12°C and night-time averages of 4°C
- Lerwick gets about 832.20 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 14°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 3°C