Visitors can enjoy all that Leland has to offer including the restaurants, lakeside setting and shopping. Top sights around the area include Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore and Grand Traverse Bay.
- You'll find 686 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Traverse City
- The closest major airport is in Traverse City, MI (TVC-Cherry Capital), 22.2 mi (35.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Leland
The picturesque setting of Lake Leelanau and Van's Beach exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Historic Fishtown and Manitou Island Transit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Leland. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Leland Lodge is located 1.2 mi (1.9 km) from the city centre. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Leland can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Whaleback Inn is 2.5 mi (4 km) from the city's heart. This 2.5-star hotel in Leland features free WiFi, free parking and a terrace. Our customers like its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Vacation in Renovated and Remodeled Historic Fishtown Shanty is located within 1.4 mi (2.3 km) of the city centre. Located in Leland, this holiday home features a kitchen, a fireplace and a patio. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and proximity to shopping.
Top places to visit outside the city include Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, 19.2 mi/30.9 km from the heart of the city, and Grand Traverse Bay, which is 11.6 mi (18.6 km) away.
Dressing for Leland
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 8°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -10°C
- From April to June, the average is 26°C during the day and -3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 18°C as the daytime average and -8°C as the night-time average
- Leland gets about 841 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 26°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -9°C