Fantastic hotel. Friendly staff. Location not great though. Hotel has nothing close by so we ended up staying by the pool each day. Each evening we had to travel to get to restaurants. A week was definitely long enough. However if you want a short break the hotel is lovely.
1) Opposite a lovely, sandy beach. It is maintained well and there is virtually no tide making bathing easy.
2) Surrounded by plenty of good quality restaurants and snack bars. Supermarkets are also nearby
3) Public transport links allow cheap and easy access to other towns, shops, beaches and places of interest
4) Recommend a sea-view with balcony - it is worth the extra money
5) Beds are comfortable, shower is good, safe is free. Room is not large but we liked it
5) Restaurant is a quite, attractive and well-organised place to have breakfast. Hot food is cooked to order.
6) There is lots to see and do in Gran Canaria. This hotel is a good place to start!
There isn't much I could find to criticize, so these points are trivial:
1) We asked for a double bed but were given twin beds
2) Limited cereal choice at breakfast
3) Hotel owns the slowest toaster in the world
Don't both asking the Hotel Reception for any information that does not relate to the hotel. Instead go to one of the many information kiosks in Las Palmas. One of these is a short away along the beach front. They can supply you with a map of Las Palmas and the island (the one the Hotel Reception supply is inadequate). They may also suggest excursions, but consider carefully whether you want to spend money on these because its so cheap and easy to find your way around the island by bus. The yellow buses can take you anywhere in Las Palmas and the blue buses travel to other towns on the island
- the location is superb - 1min walk from the beach prominade, which is a great area, as well as close to several good squares, and the Catalina bus station (allowing easy access to airport and southern beaches)
- price- pretty unbeatable in this location, and including breakfast - total bargain.
- totally stank of smoke. Smoke came in the bathroom window, and under the adjoining door with our neighbors. I think we were unfortunate to be next to heavy smokers - but it really was pretty disgusting. I'm not sure if all floors were smoking, and whether there was a non-smoking option - but ask for non-smoking on your room request and hope for the best. My partner didn't think this was a big deal, but it really bugged me.
- thin walls - take ear plugs.
The hotel is situated in the tourist area of Las Palmas and to 50 mts from the beach . Nearby you will find a wide variety …More
Great location next to Las Canteras beach. Lots of good restaurants close by. Rooms nice & clean & nice size. We had city view room on 6th floor that looked out towards dock area. Only thing we missed in room was tea/coffee making facilities. Breakfast was very nice, good variety. Lifts were scarce & we often walked up the stairs as we got fed up waiting but they are being renovated so lifts will maybe improve. There was a lot of noise due to the renovation work. Overall a great holiday & we'd go back to this hotel.
Excellent if on a budget. Rooms are clean, secure and adequate for those who don't spend their day in the room. Rooftop pool and sundeck for those who seek somewhere quieter than the beach. Turn left out of the hotel and you are a minute from the beach. A wealth of bars and restaurants along the seafront. Turn right and the main street (Calle Thomas Miller) will lead you in the direction of many other bars, restaurants and plazas on either side. Prices probably were cheaper here than in the South of the island, as more locals than tourists in the area at the time of visiting (late June).
We spent two weeks in Las palmas at the NH. The room was very spacious and even had its own balcony which was a pleasant surprise.
Bathroom was new, clean and large. The staff were all very nice and helpful.
The only slight issue was we booked a double bed and only got two singles pushed together.
We would definitely go back.
Pocket Guide: Gran Canaria Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Hotels
Cosmopolitan Las Palmas is the biggest city in the Canaries with a life aside from tourism. It features an historic district with superb Colonial architecture, a major shopping area, the golden sands of Playa de las Canteras, and one of the largest ports in Spain. The covered Market and the Museo Canario should not be missed. The bars and restaurants along the front are frequented by visitors and locals alike, and there is a lively nightlife.
Payments accepted on expedia.co.uk include American Express, Diner's Club International, Maestro, MasterCard, Visa, Visa Electron and PayPal.
Flight-inclusive holiday packages and Flight-Plus arrangements created on Expedia.co.uk are financially protected by the Civil Aviation Authority (under Expedia, Inc.'s ATOL number 5788). But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then your booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our general terms and conditions for further details on ATOL or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.
For the sale of travel insurance Expedia Inc. is an Appointed Representative of Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited trading as Allianz Global Assistance which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited's FCA registration number is 311909. FCA authorisation can be checked at the Financial Services register at www.fsa.gov.uk/register/
Expedia, Inc., is not responsible for content on external Web sites.