Families will find kid-friendly activities in Laramie, and visitors give high marks for the university vibe and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its sporting events, cafes and shopping.
- There are 32 hotels and other accommodation options in Laramie
- The closest major airport is in Laramie, WY (LAR-Laramie Regional), 5.5 mi (8.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cheyenne, WY (CYS-Cheyenne Regional), 50.2 mi (80.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Laramie
The city's cultural venues include Laramie Plains Museum and University of Wyoming Art Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Red Buttes Observatory, Wyoming Territorial Prison State Historic Site and Fort Sanders. Skiing is just one of the top activities, while War Memorial Stadium and Arena Auditorium are sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 32 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Laramie. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Days Inn by Wyndham Laramie - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Quality Inn & Suites University - Our customers like the convenient parking and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Laramie - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
A top sight outside the city is Snowy Range Ski Area, located 21.3 mi (34.3 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Laramie
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 8°C during the day and -12°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 25°C, whilst the average at night is -6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 0°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of -12°C
- Laramie gets about 254 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging -12°C