Visiting Rovaniemi (region)
Guests will appreciate the spas, shopping and hiking in Rovaniemi (region). Cosy and welcoming, this city will also delight visitors with its snowmobile riding, restaurants and cafes.
- There are 26 Rovaniemi (region) hotels
- December is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas May is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Rovaniemi (RVN), 4.7 mi (7.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Rovaniemi (region)
- Snowmobile riding, going on safari and skiing are top activities, whereas sights to visit include Ounasvaara, Lampivaara Amethyst Mine, and Vanha tuolihissi
- Known for its museums, whereas Rovaniemen Taidemuseo, Pilke, and Korundi - House of Culture are some local cultural sights
- Popular attractions include SantaPark and Kemi Snow Castle
- Notable landmarks include Lordi's Square, Lappia House, and Lappia-talo
- The natural setting of the hiking trails is picturesque, and places to visit include Pyha-Luosto National Park, Pyha-Luosto Visitor and Culture Centre Naava, and Hiidenkirnut
- Shopping is a favourite activity, so consider an excursion to Sampokeskus Shopping Centre and Revontuli Shopping Center
- Cheer with the crowd at a game or event at Rovaniemi Stadium or Lappi Arena
Getting around Rovaniemi (region)
There are many transport options in Rovaniemi (region). If you're looking to travel outside of the area, take a train from Rovaniemi Station, Kemi Station or Tornio Station.
Staying in Rovaniemi (region)
With 34 hotels and other accommodation options in Napapiiri, you'll find holiday getaways at affordable rates. There are 20 hotels ranging from GBP 72 to GBP 185 per night.
For trips with the family or other getaways, you might prefer these highly rated properties:
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna Rovaniemi
- Santa's Hotel Santa Claus
Seeking a boutique hotel or cosy spot? You may appreciate these highly rated, small-scale inns and unique hotels:
- Arctic Light Hotel
- Santa Claus Holiday Village
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Arctic Light Hotel with a 4.6 out of 5 user rating, whereas Santa Claus Holiday Village and Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna Rovaniemi are also highly rated by guests.