Visitors to Lander are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music and golf courses.
- You'll find 24 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Riverton
- The closest major airport is in Riverton, WY (RIW-Riverton Regional), 21 mi (33.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Lander
The picturesque setting of Lander City Park and Sinks Canyon State Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are South Pass City State Historic Site and Museum of the American West.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Lander. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lander - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Rodeway Inn Pronghorn Lodge - Our customers like the dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Shoshone Rose Casino & Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Lander
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -13°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and -2°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 4°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and -13°C at night
- Lander gets about 321 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of -12°C