Visitors can enjoy all that Laajasalo has to offer including the shopping, beaches and restaurants. Around the area, top sights include Suomenlinna Fortress, Uspenski Cathedral and Presidential Palace.
- There are 869 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Helsinki (HEL-Vantaa), 10.6 mi (17.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Laajasalo
Suomenlinna Fortress, Uspenski Cathedral and Presidential Palace are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Senate Square and Helsinki Cathedral.
As you make plans for a getaway to Laajasalo, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 812 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Hotel Arthur is located 3.2 mi (5.1 km) from the city centre. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Helsinki can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
- Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki is 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city's heart. This 4-star hotel in Helsinki features 2 restaurants, free WiFi and a 24-hour fitness centre. Our customers like its beach locale and quiet rooms.
- Scandic Park Helsinki is located within 3.9 mi (6.3 km) of the city centre. This 4-star hotel in Helsinki features free breakfast, a restaurant and an indoor pool. Our customers like its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
Top places to see around the area include Ateneum Art Museum, 3.3 mi/5.3 km from the heart of the city, and Kiasma Museum of Contemporary Art, which is 3.6 mi (5.7 km) away.
Dressing for Laajasalo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 4°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -10°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and -4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 11°C as the daytime average and -6°C as the night-time average
- About 687.90 millimetres of rain falls on Laajasalo each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -9°C