L'Alpe-d'Huez's upscale hotels make it a great destination for luxury-minded travellers, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the skiing, spas and glaciers. Visitors who travel to this welcoming, cosy city can discover its sledding, restaurants and mountains.
- There are 26 l'Alpe-d'Huez hotels
- February is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas September is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Grenoble (GNB-Grenoble - Isere), 39.7 mi (63.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around l'Alpe-d'Huez
- Top activities include skiing and cycling, whereas Poutran Gondola, Oz-en-Oisans Ski Resort, and L'Alpette Gondola are great sights to visit
- The glaciers, mountains and parks highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Lac Noir, Pic Blanc, and France Aventures Chamrousse
Staying in l'Alpe-d'Huez
With 37 hotels and other accommodations to choose from in l'Alpe-d'Huez, you'll find a holiday retreat at an affordable rate:
- 11 hotels, ranging from GBP 58/night to GBP 227/night
- 11 residences, ranging from GBP 54/night to GBP 205/night
For trips with large groups, you might consider a larger hotel like the highly rated Hôtel Club mmv Les Bergers.
You may enjoy one of these top-rated, smaller hotels and specialty properties for a romantic getaway or boutique stay:
- Alpenrose Hôtel
- Hôtel Le Pic Blanc
Alpenrose Hôtel, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.9 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are Hôtel Le Pic Blanc and Hôtel Club mmv Les Bergers.
Dressing for l'Alpe-d'Huez
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 14°C, whereas night-time temperatures stay around -1°C
- From April to June, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the nighttime average
- About 29 millimetres of rain falls on l'Alpe-d'Huez each year