Visitors to l'Alpe-d'Huez are sure to enjoy the skiing, spas and mountain views. This city also attracts tourists with its cosy and relaxing setting. Top sights in the city include Ecrins National Park and Les Deux-Alpes Ski Resort.
- There are 389 hotels and other accommodation options in l'Alpe-d'Huez
- The closest major airport is in Grenoble (GNB-Grenoble - Isere), 39.7 mi (63.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in l'Alpe-d'Huez
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountains and such places to visit as Ecrins National Park and Lac Noir. Skiing is one of the top activities, while Poutran Gondola, Les Grandes Rousses and Oz-en-Oisans Ski Resort are favourite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Les Deux-Alpes Ski Resort and Alpe d'Huez.
In Oz, you can choose from 389 hotels and other accommodation choices to make it easy to plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Le Beau Site - This 2-star hotel features ski slopes, free breakfast and a restaurant.
- Hôtel Les Grandes Rousses - Our customers love the helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Cognet can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hôtel Le Pic Blanc - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Bergers can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to see outside the city include Les 2 Alpes, located 7.7 mi (12.5 km) from the city centre, and Palais des Congres Alpexpo, which is 16.8 mi/27 km away.
Dressing for l'Alpe-d'Huez
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 14°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -4°C
- From April to June, the average is 26°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 20°C as the daytime average and -3°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for l'Alpe-d'Huez is 27 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -2°C