Get an overview of this hotelFamily-friendly Durban hotel in Durban Central Business District, near Sahara Stadium Kingsmead
Collecting Nectar Points
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Popular property highlights
This family-friendly Durban hotel is located in a shopping district, within 1 mi (2 km) of Durban Art Gallery and Sahara Stadium Kingsmead. UShaka Marine World is 1.7 mi (2.8 km) away.
Along with a restaurant, this hotel has an outdoor pool and a bar/lounge. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include a coffee shop/café, a conference center, and self parking.
All 206 individually decorated rooms feature free WiFi and minibars. For a bit of entertainment, guests will find TVs with satellite channels, and other amenities include room service and electric kettles.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Royal Hotel
Dining options at the hotel include a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. This 3-star property offers access to limo/town car service and meeting rooms.
Wireless Internet access is complimentary. This Colonial hotel also offers an outdoor pool, spa services, and multilingual staff. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request), a beach shuttle, and a train station drop-off service. Limited onsite parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis (surcharge).
The Royal Hotel has designated areas for smoking.
- Cruise terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Theme park shuttle (surcharge)
- Train station drop-off (surcharge)
- Beach shuttle (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 6
- Year Built 1845
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Pool sun loungers
- Outdoor pool
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Train station pickup (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Conference center
- Designated smoking areas
- Laundry facilities
- Parking (limited spaces)
- Total number of rooms - 206
- Number of floors - 18
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Parking (limited spaces)
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Daily housekeeping
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Satellite TV service
- Electric kettle
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Free WiFi
- Room service (limited hours)
- Individually decorated
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10 AM.
The Royal Hotel has a restaurant serving breakfast and dinner.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Number of treatment rooms 3
- Minimum age to access spa is 11
- Couples treatment rooms
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: ZAR 150 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 350 per vehicle (one way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: ZAR 150.00 (one-way), (from 5 to 11 years old)
- Self parking fee: ZAR 70 per day
- Royal Durban
- Royal Hotel Durban
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the cruise terminal and airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa's official quality assurance organization.