Visitors can enjoy all that Kuopio has to offer including the museums, sporting events and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas and lakeside setting.
- There are 52 hotels and other accommodation options in Kuopio
- The closest major airport is in Kuopio (KUO), 8.8 mi (14.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Kuopio
The city's cultural venues include Kuopio Art Museum and Kuopio Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Kuopio Cathedral, Puijo Tower and Rauhalahti Smoke Sauna. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Matkus Shopping Center is a favourite for retail therapy.
In Siilinjarvi, you'll find 52 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Lapland Hotels Kuopio - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Boutique Hotel Sawohouse - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Scandic Atlas - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Downtown Kuopio can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room LCD TVs. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Getting around Kuopio
If you want to venture outside the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Kuopio Station. Kuopio might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Kuopio
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 2°C and the night-time average to be -15°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and -5°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 9°C during the day and -12°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Kuopio is 26 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -13°C