Posted 13 Aug 2019
The hotel location is great and the view of the sea is breathtaking, but there are few things which dont let me give a full five stars:
- all pools are cold, colder than even the sea, which is not something either myself or my daughters could understand. they love water and swimming, but they just didi not enjoy being in such a cold water. and it wasnt only them, there were hardly anyone in the 3 big swimming pools of the hotel
- Internet was scrappy and almost useless in our rooms, I had to use my mobile data and personal hotspot to allow all of us Internet
- food was good, but I expected better, it didnt have the "spark" I expected from a 5-stars hotel in Greece. Best meal we had was in fact the a-la-carte one on our last night there (you were allowed a free meal at the a-la-carte restaurant)
- our rooms cleanliness wasnt up to scratch, you could not walk barefoot without getting very dirty on the feet, I dont think the ceramic floors have been cleaned for quite a while
- as a half-board you felt excluded a bit in the restaurant - allowed only water as everything else would cost.
There were good things too:
- the spa - the massages were great, although on the expensive side (Cristina was absolutely great!)
- the location and the sea view
- the weather (nothing to do with hotel, I know)
- large rooms in our family apartment and large bathroom
- balcony where you could admire the view
All in all a pleasant stay, but not 5-stars I'm afraid, I would say between 3 and 4.