Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 19 Jul 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Konstanz, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, sightseeing tours and festivals. Top sights in the city include Mainau Island and Sealife Constance.
- There are 51 hotels and other accommodation options in Konstanz
- The closest major airport is in Friedrichshafen (FDH-Friedrichshafen - Lake Constance), 16.3 mi (26.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Altenrhein (ACH-St. Gallen - Altenrhein), 22 mi (35.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Konstanz
The city's cultural venues include Archaeological Museum of Baden-Wurttemberg and Kulturzentrum am Muenster. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Dreifaltigkeitskirche. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and Mainau Island.
Other top sights in Konstanz include Sealife Constance. A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Affenberg, 6.7 mi/10.9 km from the heart of the city.
Getting around Konstanz
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Konstanz-Petershausen Station, Konstanz-Fürstenberg Station or Konstanz Wollmatingen Station. Konstanz might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Konstanz
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and -4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 24°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of -3°C
- About 24 millimetres of rain falls on Konstanz each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -3°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Konstanz?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Konstanz, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Konstanz?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Konstanz?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Konstanz?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Konstanz?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Konstanz?
What's the best high-end hotel in Konstanz?
Where's the best place to stay in Konstanz to absorb the local history?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Konstanz?
Konstanz Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Konstanz by Star Rating
- Hotels near Konstanz Airports
- Areas of Konstanz
- Accommodation near Konstanz Attractions
- More accommodation types in Konstanz
- Choose Your Konstanz Hotel Style
- Search Konstanz Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Konstanz
- Hotels Near Konstanz, Baden-Württemberg
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends