Search Hotels in Kiruna
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 24 Apr 2019
Visitors to Kiruna are sure to enjoy the local tours and northern lights. Tourists can also enjoy the city's ski areas and museums.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodation options in Kiruna
- The closest major airport is in Kiruna (KRN), 3.5 mi (5.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Gallivare (GEV), 52.1 mi (83.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kiruna
Notable city landmarks like Kiruna Church and Kiruna Mine might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the northern lights and these places to visit: Kebnekaise, Muddus National Park and Padjelanta National Park. Additionally, you might want to add Town Hall to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Kiruna. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Hotel Arctic Eden - This 3.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Icehotel - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Bishops Arms Kiruna - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting around Kiruna
If you want to journey outside the area, ride aboard a train from Kiruna Station, Kiruna Krokvik Station or Kiruna Rautas Station. Kiruna might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Kiruna
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 0°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -20°C
- From April to June, the average is 17°C during the day and -11°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 18°C during the day and -2°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 5°C as the daytime average and -17°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Kiruna is 582.60 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 16°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -19°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Kiruna?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Kiruna, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Kiruna?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday in Kiruna?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday to Kiruna?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Kiruna?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Kiruna?
What's the best hotel for a trip to the slopes in Kiruna?
Kiruna Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Kiruna by Star Rating
- Hotels near Kiruna Airports
- Accommodation near Kiruna Attractions
- More accommodation types in Kiruna
- Choose Your Kiruna Hotel Style
- Search Kiruna Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Kiruna
- Hotels Near Kiruna, Norrbotten County
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends