Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Karlstejn, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the castle, hiking and tours. This welcoming, riverfront city also attracts visitors with its hot springs, restaurants and rock-climbing. A top attraction is Karlstejn Castle.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- June is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas March is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Prague (PRG-Vaclav Havel), 12.8 mi (20.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Karlstejn
- Popular cultural attractions include Prague Castle, Vysehrad Castle, and Prague National Theatre
- Its castle and historic sites are notable, and landmarks include Karlstejn Castle, Strahov Monastery, and Prague Dancing House
- The hiking trails, rivers and hot springs provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Ladronka Park, Klamovka Park, and Mrazovka Park
Getting around Karlstejn
There are plenty of options for getting around Karlstejn. To see more of the wider area, hop on a train at Karlstejn Station.
Staying in Karlstejn
Looking for a charming or small, stylish hotel? You may enjoy Romantic Hotel Mlyn Karlstejn.
Romantic Hotel Mlyn Karlstejn, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Karlstejn
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and -4°C at night
- From April to June, the average temperature during the day is 22°C, whereas the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and nighttime averages of -3°C
- Average annual rainfall for Karlstejn is 489 millimetres