Visitors can enjoy all that Kangerlussuaq has to offer including the glaciers, local tours and entertainment choices. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its golf courses.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodation options in Kangerlussuaq
- The closest major airport is in Kangerlussuaq (SFJ), 1.2 mi (1.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Kangerlussuaq
As you plan your holiday retreat in Kangerlussuaq, you can select from these places to stay within 5 miles of the central area.
- Old Camp is located in the heart of Kangerlussuaq. This 2.5-star guesthouse in Kangerlussuaq features free breakfast, a free airport shuttle and a terrace. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff.
- Polar Lodge is located within 0.4 mi (0.6 km) of the city centre. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse in Kangerlussuaq can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and proximity to the airport.
Dressing for Kangerlussuaq
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average -8°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -25°C
- From April to June, the average is 15°C during the day and -16°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 16°C during the day and -4°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 2°C as the daytime average and -22°C as the night-time average
- About 482.60 millimetres of rain falls on Kangerlussuaq each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 14°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -24°C