Visiting Jura (department)
Jura (department) has accommodation options for budget-minded travellers, though all guests will enjoy the restaurants and forests. Visitors who travel to this welcoming, cosy city can discover its waterfalls, skiing and golfing.
- There are 44 Jura (department) hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Dole (DLE-Franche-Comte Regional), 22.7 mi (36.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Jura (department)
- Skiing, golfing and cycling are top activities, whereas sights to visit include Val de Sorne Golf, Vincelles, Fr, Rochat Golf Club, and Mont Saint-Jean Golf Club
- Well-known for its museums and attractions, such as Maison du Comte, Comté Museum, and Musee Municipal d'Archeologie
- Notable landmarks include Poligny Church of St-Hippolyte, Place de la Liberte, and Castle Pecault
- The forests, waterfalls and mountains provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Caves of Moidons, Lac de Chalain, and Cascades du Herrisson
Getting around Jura (department)
There are many transport options in Jura (department). If you're looking to travel outside of the area, take a train from Domblans-Voiteur Station, Montain-Lavigny Station or Poligny Station.
Staying in Jura (department)
In Tavaux you can choose from 59 hotels and other accommodations to make planning your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. There are 41 hotels ranging from GBP 41 to GBP 141 per night.
You may appreciate one of these top-rated, smaller hotels and specialty properties for a romantic getaway or boutique stay:
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Sequoia Hôtel with a 4.5 out of 5 user rating, whereas La Fontaine has a 4.3 rating by guests.
Dressing for Jura (department)
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and 3°C at night
- About 27 millimetres of rain falls on Jura (department) each year