Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors to Johnstone are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas, entertainment choices and bars. Top sights around the area include Paisley Abbey, Burrell Collection and Glasgow Science Centre.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodation options in Johnstone
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 5 mi (8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick), 22.7 mi (36.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Johnstone
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Paisley Abbey, Burrell Collection and Glasgow Science Centre. Additionally, in the area you'll find Riverside Museum and Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum.
Below is a top-rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- The Lynnhurst Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit around the area include Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre, located 10.4 mi (16.8 km) from the city centre, and Clyde Auditorium, which is 10.5 mi/16.8 km away.
Getting around Johnstone
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Johnstone Milliken Park Station, Johnstone Howwood Station or Johnstone Station. Johnstone might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Johnstone
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 1323 millimetres of rain falls on Johnstone each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C