Visitors will want to experience the restaurants, bars, and shopping in Jiaxing. Visitors who journey to this welcoming, cosy city can discover its coffeehouses, university, and natural parks.
- There are 161 Jiaxing hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, while November tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Hangzhou (HGH-Xiaoshan Intl.), 34.3 mi (55.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Jiaxing
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as South Lake Memorial Hall and Tianning Temple of Jiaxing
- The natural beauty of the parks is picturesque, and places worth a visit are Shijiuyang Wetland and Qi Garden
- Shopping is tops in the area, and Jiangnan Mall is a favourite locale for retail therapy
- The university is a highlight and Jiaxing Medical College is worth a campus tour
Getting around Jiaxing
There are many transportation options in Jiaxing. If you're looking to journey outside of the area, take a train from Jiaxing South Station, Jiashan South Station, or Tongxiang Station.
Staying in Jiaxing
In Jiaxing, you'll find 161 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from, making it easy to plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable price. There are 113 hotels ranging from GBP 16 to GBP 62 per night. Consider one of these top-rated, larger hotels for your family trip or any other travel plans:
- Gold River Side Hotel - Wuzhen, averaging GBP 77.16/night
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Jiaxing, averaging GBP 75.51/night
A 5-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Gold River Side Hotel - Wuzhen with a 5 out of 5 user rating while Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Jiaxing has a 3.9 rating by guests.
Dressing for Jiaxing
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the nighttime average to be -1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July through September averages 33°C during the day and 18°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Jiaxing is 37 millimetres