Visitors can enjoy all that Jefferson has to offer including the rivers, restaurants and parks. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its shopping. Top sights around the area include Audubon Zoo, Audubon Park and Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
- You'll find 1644 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of New Orleans
- The closest major airport is in New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 5.4 mi (8.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Jefferson
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Audubon Zoo, Audubon Park and Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Additionally, in the area you'll find Smoothie King Center and City Park.
As you plan your holiday to Jefferson, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 1486 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Cozy 2 Bedroom 1 Mile to Ochsner is located 0.2 mi (0.4 km) from the heart of Jefferson. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in New Orleans can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness centre, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and central location.
- B on Canal is 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from central Jefferson. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in New Orleans can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and central location.
- Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter is 6.3 mi (10.1 km) from the centre of Jefferson. This 4-star hotel in New Orleans features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Canal Street, 6.1 mi/9.9 km from the city centre, and National World War II Museum, which is 6.3 mi/10.1 km away.
Dressing for Jefferson
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 25°C and the night-time average to be 7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 33°C during the day and 14°C at night
- July to September averages 34°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 29°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Jefferson is 1692 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 34°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 8°C