Search Hotels in Jamaica, NY
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 29 Jun 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Jamaica, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture, cafes and live music. Top sights around the area include Belmont Park, Flushing Meadows-Corona Park and Citi Field.
- You'll find 2216 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of New York
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 8.4 mi (13.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jamaica
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Jamaica Colosseum Mall is a favourite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Jamaica Bay and Prospect Cemetery.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Belmont Park, located 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Flushing Meadows-Corona Park, which is 5.3 mi (8.5 km) away.
Getting around Jamaica
With so many transport options, exploring all of Jamaica is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations such as Terminal 1, Sutphin Blvd. Station (Archer Av.) and Archer Av. Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Jamaica Locust Manor Station, Jamaica St. Albans Station or Jamaica Station.
Dressing for Jamaica
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and -2°C at night
- About 1086 millimetres of rain falls on Jamaica each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Jamaica?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Jamaica, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Jamaica?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Jamaica?
What's the best place to stay for a couple visiting Jamaica?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Jamaica?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Jamaica?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Jamaica?
Jamaica Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Jamaica by Star Rating
- Hotels near Jamaica Airports
- Areas of Jamaica
- Accommodation near Jamaica Attractions
- More accommodation types in Jamaica
- Choose Your Jamaica Hotel Style
- Search Jamaica Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Jamaica
- Hotels Near Jamaica, New York
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends