Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Izmir, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, shopping, and museums. Visitors can also indulge in everything this welcoming and walkable, seaside city has to offer, including its cafés, monuments, and seafood. Top attractions include Saat Kulesi and Konak Square.
- There are 77 Izmir hotels
- March is the most expensive month to travel here, while January tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Izmir (ADB-Adnan Menderes), 8.3 mi (13.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Izmir
- Known for its museums, while Archeological Museum, Ethnographic Museum, and Ahmet Piristina Museum and City Archives Place are some local cultural sights
- Popular family attractions include Balcova Cable Car and Izmir Wildlife Park
- Its historic sites and monuments are notable and landmarks to visit include Saat Kulesi, Konak Square, and Agora
- The natural beauty of the seaside is picturesque, and places worth a visit are Izmir City Forest and Kulturpark
- Shopping is a highlight of the area, so enjoy some retail therapy at Kemeralti Market, Konak Pier Shopping Mall, and Synagogue Street
- Everyone—not just sports fans—will find lots of reasons to cheer at a game or event at Izmir Ataturk Sport Hall, Alsancak Stadium, or Izmir Halkapinar Sport Hall
Getting around Izmir
With transportation options aplenty, seeing Izmir is easy. Take advantage of metro transit at Hatay Station, Izmirspor Station, or Goztepe Station. If you're looking to journey outside of the area, take a train from Izmir Basmane Station, Izmir Sirinyer Station, or Izmir Kemer Station.
Staying in Izmir
In Izmir, you'll find 77 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from, making it easy to plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable price. There are 74 hotels ranging from GBP 23 to GBP 121 per night. For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider these top-rated, larger hotels:
- Swissotel Buyuk Efes Izmir, averaging GBP 132.83/night
- Wyndham Grand Izmir Ozdilek, averaging GBP 102.04/night
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Met Boutique Hotel - Boutique Class, averaging GBP 76.75/night
- Renaissance Izmir Hotel, averaging GBP 98.51/night
A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Met Boutique Hotel - Boutique Class with a 4.9 out of 5 user rating while Renaissance Izmir Hotel and Swissotel Buyuk Efes Izmir are also highly rated by guests.