Itacare's upscale hotels make it a great destination for luxury-minded travellers, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the beaches, restaurants and surfing. Visitors can also indulge in all the fine qualities that this welcoming, relaxing city has to offer, including its parks, gardens and theatres.
- There are 40 Itacare hotels
- January is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas October is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Ilheus (IOS), 37 mi (59.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Itacare
- Top activities include surfing and a marina, whereas Itacare Wharf is a great place to visit
- Well-known for its theatres, whereas Itacare Cultural Cinema is a popular attraction
- The beaches, parks and gardens highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Coroinha Beach, Concha Beach, and Resende Beach
Getting around Itacare
There are many transport options in Itacare. You can explore your options for water transport at the marina.
Staying in Itacare
In Itacare you can choose from 53 hotels and other accommodations making it easy to plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate:
- 7 hotels, ranging from GBP 43/night to GBP 293/night
- 30 pousadas, ranging from GBP 24/night to GBP 96/night
You may appreciate one of these top-rated, smaller hotels and specialty properties for a romantic getaway or boutique stay:
- Pousada Villa Maeva
- Pousada Vila do Dengo
Pousada Villa Maeva, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating. Also Pousada Vila do Dengo has a 4.9 rating by guests.
Dressing for Itacare
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 31°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 18°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 30°C as the daytime average and 21°C as the night-time average
- About 1114 millimetres of rain falls on Itacare each year