Visitors to Ioannina are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, art and temples.
- There are 51 hotels and other accommodation options in Ioannina
- The closest major airport is in Ioannina (IOA-Ioannina National), 2.5 mi (4.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Ioannina
Cultural venues in the city include Archaeological Museum of Ioannina, Byzantine Museum and Art Gallery of Epirus Studies. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Ioannina Castle, Monastery of Agios Nikolaos Filanthropinon, and Church of Agios Athanasios. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and these places to visit: Perama Cave, Lake Pamvotis and Anatolis Park.
Dressing for Ioannina
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 13°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Ioannina is 721.00 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C