Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Inverurie, which is also known for its golf courses and bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its gardens. Around the area, top sights include Castle Fraser, Craigievar Castle and Drum Castle.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodation options in Inverurie
- The closest major airport is in Aberdeen (ABZ), 11 mi (17.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Inverurie
The city's cultural venues include Castle Fraser and Glen Garioch Distillery. Notable city landmarks like Easter Aquhorthies Stone Circle and Bennachie Centre might be worth a visit. Golfing is just one of the top activities, while Inverurie Golf Club and Kintore Golf Club are sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Inverurie. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Macdonald Pittodrie House - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Meldrum House Country Hotel & Golf Course - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Bennachie Lodge Hotel - This 3.5-star inn features a restaurant, free parking and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Top places to visit in the area include Craigievar Castle, 12.8 mi/20.5 km from the city centre, and Drum Castle, which is 14.2 mi (22.8 km) away.
Getting around Inverurie
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Inverurie Station. Inverurie might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Inverurie
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 17°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 18°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- Inverurie gets about 29 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 17°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C