Visiting Inner Hebrides and Isle of Skye
Travellers give high marks for the lively bar scene in Inner Hebrides and Isle of Skye, which is also known for its local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic and relaxing setting. Top sights in the city include Armadale Castle, Loch Linnhe and Lochaber Geopark.
- There are 231 hotels and other accommodation options in Inner Hebrides and Isle of Skye
- The closest major airport is in Tiree (TRE), 26 mi (41.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Colonsay, Scotland (CSA), 42.3 mi (68.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Inner Hebrides and Isle of Skye
Cultural venues in the city include Talisker Distillery, Isle of Jura Distillery and Bowmore Distillery. Attractions like Skye Serpentarium and Skye Riding Centre are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Armadale Castle, Dunvegan Castle and Iona Abbey.
In Isle of Mull, you'll find 231 hotels and other accommodation choices to make it easy to plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Breton House - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Fairways Lodge B&B - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Glenegedale House - This 5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its comfortable beds and walkable location.
Other favourite sights in Inner Hebrides and Isle of Skye include Loch Linnhe, Lochaber Geopark and Portree Harbour.
Dressing for Inner Hebrides and Isle of Skye
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 3°C
- From April to June, the average is 16°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 16°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 13°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- Inner Hebrides and Isle of Skye gets about 1056.60 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 16°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°C