Visiting Inhaca Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Inhaca Island has to offer including the university setting, beaches and museums. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its restaurants.
- You'll find 88 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Maputo
- The closest major airport is in Maputo (MPM-Maputo Intl.), 24.7 mi (39.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Inhaca Island
The picturesque setting of Inhaca Marine Reserve and Santa Maria Beach exemplify the city's natural beauty. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Marine Biology Museum is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add Inhaca Lighthouse to your agenda.
As you start planning for your getaway to Inhaca Island, you might not find an accommodation in the city centre, but you can select from 49 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Radisson Blu Hotel & Residence, Maputo is located 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the heart of Inhaca Island. This 4-star hotel in Inhaca Island features a private beach, free breakfast and a restaurant.
- Southern Sun Maputo is 22.5 mi (36.2 km) from central Inhaca Island. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Maputo can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Montebelo Girassol Maputo Hotel is 22.2 mi (35.8 km) from the centre of Inhaca Island. This 4-star hotel in Maputo features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Inhaca Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 32°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 24°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 16°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 32°C as the daytime average and 21°C as the night-time average
- About 28 millimetres of rain falls on Inhaca Island each year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 32°C, while June and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°C