Nature enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to Iglesias, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the monuments, museums and parks. This city also attracts visitors with its cultural ambiance.
- There are 5 Iglesias hotels
- April is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas November is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Cagliari (CAG-Elmas), 29 mi (46.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Iglesias
- A marina is just one of the many top activities, whereas Porto Flavia and Portoscuso Tourist Port are great sights to visit
- Well-known for its museums and attractions, such as Iglesias Museum of Mining, Laveria Lamarmora Mine, and Masua Mine
- Its monuments and historic sites are notable, and landmarks include Church of Our Lady Buon Cammino, Mura Pisane di Iglesia, and Cattedrale Santa Chiara
- The natural setting of the parks is picturesque, and places to visit include Cala Piombo, La Caletta, and Santa Barbara Cave
Getting around Iglesias
With so many convenient transport choices, getting around Iglesias is simple. To see more of the wider area, hop on a train at Iglesias Station. You can travel down to the marina to find out about water transport.
Staying in Iglesias
You may enjoy one of these traveller-recommended, smaller hotels and specialty properties for a charming or stylish getaway:
- Euro Hotel Iglesias
- Hotel Giardino Corte Rubja
Euro Hotel Iglesias, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4 out of 5 user rating. Also Hotel Giardino Corte Rubja has a 3.9 rating by guests.
Dressing for Iglesias
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 18°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 6°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 25°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the night-time average
- Iglesias gets about 17 millimetres of rain per year